Make a Gift
Make a Gift
What Your Gift Means
to the Department of Urology
You have the opportunity to make a significant difference by supporting the Department of Urology at UCSF. Given our dedication to excellence in patient care, education and research, we believe that the UCSF Department of Urology will long continue its role as a leader in our area. Please consider making a donation.
Any amount given is valuable, and all donations are tax-deductible.
- Annual and one-time gifts: Annual giving is the cornerstone of support to UCSF. Annual gifts or pledges of any amount provide critically needed support for the university’s areas of greatest need and allow the department chair to seize unique opportunities and address unanticipated needs annual gift to the Department of Urology.
Your investment and partnership will allow our program to continue to make considerable strides in
education, faculty retention and recruitment, and research.
- Education: Our rigorous fellowship program provides trainees with the tools to become the next generation of leaders. They learn to provide outstanding clinical care in the context of several diverse training venues throughout San Francisco, while exploring long-term research interests at a world-class academic institution. Fellowship Endowments start at $100,000.
- Faculty Recruitment/Retention: Endowments supporting faculty relieve them of the continual and distracting burden of applying for funding. Faculty endowments are powerful recruiting tools for attracting and retaining the most talented and sought-after scientists, physicians and teachers. Faculty Endowments start at $250,000.
- Research: Funding for clinical and basic research comes from external sources – federal and state government, foundations, and private gifts. A true partnership with patient advocates has aided in the growth of resources and provides a focus and urgency to our research and care missions. Endowed research funds support innovative science to develop more effective treatments and outcomes. Research endowments start at $100,000.
- UCSF Mission Bay: This major campus for UCSF’s research and education programs will also become home to San Francisco’s first new hospital in 30 years. A $1.52 billion complex, the new UCSF Medical Center at Mission Bay is slated to open in 2015. Gift opportunities are available at all levels.
For further information about giving options, please contact:
Assistant Director of Development
Department of Urology